Induction cooking is entirely different compared to the conventional gas cooking and electric cooking. Since induction cooking works differently, only specific types of pans will work on an induction stove or burner.
That said, it is essential to use the right kind of pots and pans. But, how would you know if your cookware set is up for the job? There are various things to consider to make sure that you are buying the right type of pots and pans.
Before we review the best induction cookware sets in the market, let us first take a look at what makes induction cooking different from other cooking methods.
So, how does induction cooking work?
Induction cooking works through creating a magnetic field between the magnetic coils located beneath the induction stove surface and the induction pot or pan. This electromagnetic field creates energy that heats the contents of your cookware.
Many people are choosing induction cooking these days because this method is more energy-efficient compared to electric cooking and gas cooking method. Also, when you use induction cookware sets, your foods are heated more quickly. The surface of an induction stove stays cool so it is safer to use and it is more responsive to change in the temperature control.
Since induction cooking is different from your regular cooking method, it would require unique sets of pots and pans. Here are five of the best induction cookware sets on the market.
Top 5 Best Induction Cookware Reviews
1. The Best of the Best (Editor’s Pick) – Duxtop Professional 17-Piece Induction Cookware Set (SSIB-17)
Stainless steel is an ideal material for induction and safe material to use for food preparation and cooking. That said, the Duxtop Professional Induction Cookware Set is a perfect example for this.
This 17-piece cookware set is the perfect choice if you are looking for a complete, high quality and durable induction cookware set. The collection includes two saucepans with glass lids (1.6 quart and 2.5 quart), one stock pot with glass lid (8.6 quart), one sauté pan with glass lid (5.5 quart), one casserole with glass lid (4.2 quart), two frying pans (10 inch and 8 inch) and three kitchen utensils including a 2-prong fork, a spoon, and a slotted turner.
All of the pots and pans included in this set is crafted with a commercial grade stainless steel with an impact-bonded encapsulated bottom made of aluminum, which guarantees you that the set is built to last.
The pots and pans come with an ergonomically designed handle with an anti-slip finish which are riveted to the cookware to ensure that it does not fall off even when used for a long time.
While this cookware set is ideal to use with induction cooktop, it is suitable for all cooking source including electric and gas cooktop. It can even be used in the oven and can withstand temperature up to 550 degrees Fahrenheit. Lastly, all the pots and pans along with the kitchen tools included in this set are freezer-safe for food storage and dishwasher safe, making it easy to clean and maintain.
- Made of durable and high-quality commercial grade stainless steel with an impact-bonded aluminum bottom
- Oven-safe and can withstand temperature up to 550 degrees F
- Has ergonomically designed anti-slip handles
- Comes with clear glass lids
- Includes several pots, pans, and accessories in one set
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- Freezer-safe for storage
- May stain when cooking with certain types of food
2. Best Pick Runner Up – Cuisinart Professional Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set (MCP-12N)
This elegant and contemporary 12-piece cookware set from Cuisinart is the excellent choice for the professional home chef. It has numerous advantages including versatile performance, superior heat capability, premium stainless advantage, and ultimate cooking convenience.
First off, this cookware set is crafted with premium stainless steel advantage. It has a triple-ply construction – stainless steel mirror-polished interior for non-reactive and quick release of food, an aluminum core for even heat distribution, and brushed stainless steel exterior for that elegant and timeless look.
For superior heat capability, this set functions with heat surround technology which provides quick response to any change in temperature, which ultimately creates the perfect cooking surface for a wide variety of dishes. Besides, it offers versatile cooking experience as it is compatible with all stovetops including induction cooktops and the oven with the temperature reaching up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
It has riveted and raised handles to ensure safe use when cooking. Its tapered rims are great for drip-free pouring. All the cookware included in this set is dishwasher safe for easy and effortless cleanup.
This set includes two skillets (10 inches and 8 inches), one sauté pan (3.5 quarts) with lid and helper, two saucepans with lids (2.5 quarts and 3 quarts), one stock pot with lid (8 quarts), and one steamer insert with cover.
- Includes numerous pots and pans in one set
- Triple-ply construction for premium stainless steel advantage
- Versatile cookware and can be used on different types of cooktops
- Designed with riveted and raised handles for safety
- Dishwasher safe
- Tapered rims for drip-free pouring
- Stainless steel lids, cannot view food while cooking
- Can develop scratches
3. Best Budget Pick – Heim Concept 12-Piece Induction Ready Cookware Set
If you are tight on budget but still want the best induction cookware set in the market, then the Heim Concept 12-Piece Cookware Set is your best option.
This cookware set is made from high-grade stainless steel with glass lids. It is designed with a three-layered bottom with heat conduction feature that allows it to heat and cool quickly for accurate temperature control and even heat distribution.
The rims of the pots and pans included in this set are tapered for a drip-free pouring experience. The collection is also versatile as it is suitable for all cooking source including electric, gas, glass or ceramic.
This cookware set includes one 10.5 inch frying pan with lid, four casseroles with lids (1.75 quarts, 2.25 quart, 3.25 quart and 5.74 quarts), and one 1.75 quart saucepan with lid.
- Comes with numerous pots and pans in one set
- Each pot has a corresponding glass lid
- Designed with three-layered bottom for heat conduction capability
- Tapered rims for drip-free pouring
- Versatile cooking
- Discoloration on the pots and pans may occur
- Scratches can occur after use
4. Best Non-Stick Induction Cookware Set – T-fal Professional 12-Piece Cookware Set (C515SC)
If you are looking for a non-stick option for induction, this set is perfect for you. The T-fal Professional 12-Piece Cookware set is one of the high-quality sets available on the market today.
This cookware set is crafted with Prometal non-stick interior surface that is not only durable but also scratch-resistant. All of its handles are riveted to ensure strength, and they are designed with silicone outer for a comfortable grip.
The set even has a T-fal Thermo-Spot, which is a heat indicator that shows when the pan is ready for use. The glass lids fit perfectly on the pots and pans, and they are vented and made of glass for easy viewing without necessarily opening the container.
The set is dishwasher safe and can also be used in the oven with the temperature reaching up to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
The set includes one 8 inch frying pan, one frying pan (10.25 inch), two saucepans with lids (1 quart and 3 quarts), one stock pot with lid (5 quarts), two nylon utensils, one stainless steel steamer insert, and one tiny frying pan. It is important to note, however, that the small frying pan is not induction ready unlike the rest of the pots and pans included in this set.
- Non-stick interior induction ready cookware set
- Includes several pots and pans along with some accessories in one collection
- Has a thermal Spot heat indicator
- Dishwasher safe
- Durable riveted handles with silicone for safety
- Not all frying pans included in the set is induction ready
- Does not have tapered rims for drip-free pouring
5. Best Hard Anodized Induction Ready Cookware Set – Circulon Infinite 10-Piece Cookware Set
Yes, hard anodized technology has gained popularity over the years. That said, if you are looking for the best hard anodized cookware set that is induction ready, the Circulon Infinite 10-Piece Cookware Set is your best bet.
Hard anodize technology enables the creation of an even harder and more durable cookware coating, and this is precisely what this cookware set is all about.
With its high-quality construction, you know this set can serve you for a long time. It even has a non-stick feature that allows food to slide off the surface without sticking. Cleanup is also a breeze as the pots and pans are dishwasher safe.
With this cookware set, you get stainless steel bases with an encapsulated core made of aluminum that allows for even heat distribution and sensitivity to temperature changes. The set can also be used in the oven and can withstand up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. Since the set is compatible with other heat sources, you can use this on different types of cooktops.
The set includes one sauté pan with lid (3 quarts), two skillets (10 inches and 8 inches), two saucepans with lids (2 quarts and 1.5 quarts), and one stock pot with lid (8 quarts).
- Versatile cooking can be used on different types of cooktops
- Crafted with hard anodized technology to ensure durability
- Dishwasher safe
- Oven safe and can be used up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit
- Includes numerous pots and pans in one set
- May take up a long time to heat up because of the thicker and harder base
- Scratches may occur
Which Cookware Type Works With Induction Cooktops?
It is always important to choose a cookware set that suits your cooking technique. If you are into induction cooking, then you can benefit from getting induction ready cookware sets.
So, what types of pots and pans work with induction cooktops?
- Stainless Steel – Yes, this is a top choice when it comes to induction cooking. This type of cookware is ideal for browning and braising, and it is often sold in sets. The advantages of this type of cookware are that it is durable, easy to clean and maintain and it does not react with food. Also, it provides quick and even heating, and they are often dishwasher safe and oven safe.
- Non-stick – This type of cookware effortlessly release even the most delicate food without sticking to the pan. It also promotes healthier cooking because it does not require you to use oil when cooking, making it a perfect choice if you are cooking low-fat dishes. This type of cookware is straightforward to clean, induction-ready, and safe to use in the oven up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit. On the contrary, some non-stick pans are not compatible for use with metal utensils, as scratches can appear.
- Enameled Cast Iron – This type of cookware is ideal for browning, frying, and sautéing. The good thing about this cookware is that it heats food slowly and evenly and retains the heat relatively well. It also has a durable coating that does not react with any meal. It is oven-safe up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit, corrosion-resistant, and dishwasher safe.
- Aluminum – Another excellent heat conductor is aluminum, making it an ideal material for cookware sets. It is lightweight, durable and affordable. On the contrary, this cookware type is prone to staining and tends to discolor light-colored foods and alter their taste.
The next time you shop for a cookware set, you have to be careful with your choices and make sure that the set works with your preferred cooking technique. If you are unsure, however, you can always check if the cookware is compatible with induction cooking.
So, how can you tell that your pan is induction ready?
To determine whether your pan is compatible with induction cooktops, you can hold a magnet to its bottom and check for the following results:
- If the magnet clings to the bottom of the pan, it will work on an induction cooktop.
- If the magnet slowly grabs the bottom of the pan, chances are you will not have good success when you cook it using an induction stove.
- If the magnet does not react with the bottom of the pan, the cookware is not made with the right metal and will just not work on an induction stove.
The Bottom Line
Induction cooking has gained popularity over the years, as it is considered greener and more convenient cooking technique compared to the regular cooking technique.
But, before you can have a successful induction cooking, you must have the right cookware set. You have to make sure that the cookware set you purchase is induction ready.
To help you out, we have reviewed the best induction cookware sets available on the market today. The top spot goes to Duxtop Professional 17-Piece Induction Cookware Set. This set is made of high-grade stainless steel with impact-bonded encapsulated bottom made of aluminum for even and quick heat distribution.
Also, this set includes a total of 17 high-quality pots and accessories that are all oven-safe, freezer-safe, and dishwasher safe.